Community Benefit and Outreach
Providing health care for our communities is about more than healing the sick and preventing illness. It is also about creating a better and healthier life for the people we serve. One important way we do this is through community benefit investments and outreach that go beyond the walls of care settings to touch lives in the places where relief, comfort and care are needed. Through programs, health education, public events and more, we give back to our communities.
PacMed’s Promise to You
Simply the right care.
To advocate, educate and provide extraordinary care.
To partner with individuals and communities to achieve their best health.
Investing in Our Communities
In staying true to our mission, we have always found ways to provide care for those who are medically underserved or unable to pay for healthcare services. PacMed serves this population in many ways:
- We are a cofounding member of Project Access Northwest. This initiative encourages local specialty physicians to provide care at no cost to low-income, uninsured individuals.
- Our physicians and staff frequently volunteer their time to work with underprivileged and homeless youth, providing health checkups and other needed services.
- We host free men’s, women’s and LGBT health education seminars each year to educate our patients and the public on common health issues.
PacMed is proud of its track record in providing for those in need. Since 2008, we have given more than $48 million in charity care and services for underserved populations.
PacMed works to ensure we are consistently participating in or providing beneficial community services.
- Since 2008, we have given more than 275 grants and $76,000 to our communities. These grants support local charitable efforts.
- Our Living Well Alliance™ team partners with local businesses to provide free health risk assessments and seminars on health topics.
- Our clinics host blood drives each year and help to recruit new blood donors.
- Our employees participate in the Teen Feed program, which offers hot meals and clothing to support homeless youth.
- PacMed hosts two monthly diabetes support groups for our patients.
- PacMed sponsors Year Up events for urban young adults and mentors interns in our IT department to help them prepare for a professional career.
- PacMed supports groups such as the Women’s Funding Alliance and Amara through employee donations and event sponsorships.
- We helped fund Pacific Science Center’s Professor Wellbody’s Academy of Health & Wellness exhibit on how personal choices can positively affect health and well-being.
- In addition to supporting local festivals and sports teams in the communities we serve, our Renton, Beacon Hill, Northgate and Canyon Park employees support their communities through Reach Out and Read. This national, nonprofit program promotes early childhood literacy by giving books to children during well-child exams.
We will continue to support our communities and explore additional opportunities to partner in the health and success of those we serve.
Awards & Recognition
PacMed is an award-winning, non-profit organization. Read about some of our more recent awards and recognitions below.
- PacMed Named a Top Health Care Provider by Washington Health Alliance
- PacMed Wins Warren Featherstone Reid Award for Excellence in Health Care
- PacMed Wins Gold in Health Care Leaders Awards
- PacMed Receives 2016 Leaders in Health Care Award
- PacMed Receives ADA First Health Champion Designation
View a full list of our awards and recognitions on our News page.
- Diabetes Care
- Diabetes Classes
- Living Well Alliance
- Patient Financial Services
- US Family Health Plan (USFHP)