We Have Upgraded!
We recently upgraded our Epic electronic medical record system, which includes MyChart.
Thank you for your patience as we implement this new software
What does this mean for patients?
If you receive care at PacMed and Swedish Medical Center (our inpatient hospital care partner), all your medical records will now be together. This means secure, immediate access to information for you and your health care team—whether you’re at PacMed or Swedish.
Here’s what to expect:
- The new Epic and MyChart system is now available. Your medical records and MyChart account will be moved to the new system.
- You will be able to log in to the upgraded MyChart system with your current user ID and password starting Friday, November 3. You can find the new system here: https://www.myonlinechart.org/mychart.
- If you lose your password or ID, you will need to reset it. This will require you to provide your Social Security number as part of the process. Social Security numbers (SSNs) are used as a patient identifier. Many people share the same or similar names. Using your SSN helps ensure a more accurate medical record and avoid mix-ups. We understand the sensitivity around sharing your SSN and wish to be respectful of your concerns. We are working with Epic to identify alternate identifiers for a future update.
Some individuals may need to recreate their MyChart account as a result of this upgrade. Patients affected will be notified.
To recreate your MyChart account on or after November 3, follow these steps:
- Check in with the front-desk staff at the clinic where your primary care provider is.
- Provide a new user name, a new password, your date of birth and your full Social Security number.
- Our staff will provide you with a new activation code to access the MyChart system. Go to https://www.myonlinechart.org/mychart and click the blue “New user? Sign up now” button on the right side of the page.
- Next, enter the activation code you received from our staff, the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth. This will recreate your account in the new system.
Please note that PacMed does not store Social Security numbers in our current system. You will need to follow the above steps to access our new MyChart system.
We thank you in advance for your understanding as we transition systems to better serve you.