Common Sleep Disorders & Trusted Links
Treating Sleep Disorders from A to ZZZ
- Some of the many sleep disorders evaluated and treated at the Diagnostic Center for Sleep Health include:
- Apnea: partial or complete cessation of breathing during sleep. Apnea affects 10 million Americans and can lead to high blood pressure, heart failure and stroke.
- Insomnia: trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. One in three Americans experiences insomnia at some point in his or her life.
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS): affects an estimated 12 million Americans, which causes uncomfortable sensations in the legs when trying to fall asleep.
- Narcolepsy: associated with excessive drowsiness during the day and a tendency to sleep at inappropriate times.
Trusted Links About Sleep Health
- The best candidates for a sleep test include those who:
- Use sleeping pills
- Have difficulty falling asleep
- Stop breathing during the night
- Toss and turn all night
- Wake up frequently
- Wake up too early
- Feel/act irritable during the day
- Wake up tired or feel depressed
- Want to take frequent naps
- Cannot concentrate