Medicare Advantage Enrollment Information
It's Time to Think About Your Medicare Options
Have questions about Medicare Coverage? PacMed can help!
The Medicare Annual Election Period runs from October 15 - December 7. If you are 65 or older, this is the time you can change your Medicare plan, enroll in a new plan, and add or drop Medicare Part D prescription coverage.
- Medicare Advantage at PacMed
- Resources to Understand Your Options
- Free Medicare Advantage Information Sessions
- Additional Medicare Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
Medicare Advantage at PacMed
PacMed accepts a variety of Medicare insurance plans, including original Medicare, Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage.
For 2019, our clinics are contracted with the following Medicare Advantage plans in King, Snohomish and Pierce Counties:
- Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO
- AARP Medicare Complete insured through UnitedHealthcare®
- Community HealthFirst MA Plan (King County Only) - In-Network for DERMATOLOGY ONLY
- Humana Health Plan, Inc.
- Humana Insurance Company (not available in Pierce county)
- Kaiser Medicare Advantage (specialty only with authorization)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Providence Health Assurance
- Regence BlueShield (excludes Regence BlueAdvantage HMO)
Contracted Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans for 2019 for King, Snohomish and Pierce Counties include:
- United Healthcare
- Humana Health Plan, Inc. (King and Pierce County Only)
Resources to Help You Understand Your Options
We understand how complex and confusing Medicare can be. Qualified representatives from Connexion Insurance Solutions can assist in meeting your needs. Call 1.877.315.3279 to schedule a consultation, sign up for an info session or speak with a representative to find a plan that meets your needs. Enroll, shop, and compare plans online at connexioninsurance.com/medicare/journey.There is no fee for these services.
As always, you also may contact plans directly, work with any licensed independent insurance agent or get information by going directly to Medicare at 1.800.MEDICARE or www.medicare.gov.Back to Top
Attend a Free Medicare Advantage Information Session
Connexion Insurance Solutions will be offering free Medicare 101 information sessions. These information sessions are for people new to Medicare or who want to better understand Medicare. The sessions are for informational purposes only; no plan specific benefits or details will be shared. Seating is limited, please contact Connexion Insurance Solutions at 1.877.315.3279 to save your seat, schedule a consultation or speak with an independent insurance agent to find a plan that meets your needs (there is no fee for these services).
PacMed Canyon Park
PacMed Beacon Hill
Back to Top
Additional Medicare Resources
In addition to the resources available through Connexion Insurance Solutions, there are other ways to learn about or enroll in Medicare coverage, including:
- Contacting Medicare Advantage plans directly
- Contacting any licensed insurance agent of your choice
- Going directly to Medicare via 1.800.MEDICARE or www.medicare.gov
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Advantage Plans are offered by private insurance companies. Medicare Advantage plans offer the same rights and protections and, at a minimum, the same benefits as original Medicare offers. Often they include prescription drug coverage in their benefits package.
There are a variety of types of coverage.
- Part A: Original Medicare – Hospital, skilled nursing, hospice and some home health (inpatient)
- Part B: Original Medicare – Clinical services (outpatient)
- Part C: Medicare Advantage plans (includes at least the same services as Parts A and B)
- Part D: Prescription drug coverage
Why Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan?
There are a variety of benefits to enrolling in Medicare Advantage. For example, Medicare Advantage plans often:
- Offer additional services, such as prescription drug coverage, vision, dental, hearing, memberships to health and wellness programs, and other benefits not provided by traditional Medicare
- Focus on wellness and improved health outcomes
- Have defined annual out-of-pocket limits for medical care
- In all cases, eliminate the need for Medicare supplemental (or Medigap) plans, which typically cover “gaps” in original Medicare, such as co-payments and deductibles
Medicare Advantage plans are an alternative to original Medicare coverage. They include all the benefits of original Medicare with additional benefits.
Who Can Join a Medicare Advantage Plan?
If you are enrolled in original Medicare, you can join a Medicare Advantage plan offered in your service area, even if you have a pre-existing condition, except for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). If you are turning 65, you have a seven-month window to join, starting three months before your birth month.
What Happens to My Supplemental or Medigap Coverage if I Choose Medicare Advantage?
If you have a supplemental policy and join a Medicare Advantage Plan you may want to contact your insurer to see if you should drop your supplemental policy. Supplemental policies can’t be used to pay Medicare Advantage plan copayments, deductibles or premiums. If you already have a Medicare Advantage plan, you do not need a supplemental policy, and no one should sell you one.
When Can I Join or Change My Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Advantage plans are governed by the same enrollment regulations as original Medicare. In most cases, people join a plan during open enrollment in the fall and are enrolled in a plan for the calendar year. If you are turning 65, you have a seven-month window that starts three months before your birth month.
To learn more, call Medicare at 1.800.MEDICARE, or visit www.medicare.gov and click on the button, “Sign Up/Change Plans” and select “About Medicare Health Plans.” To enroll in Medicare Advantage, contact the plans directly or work with any licensed insurance agent.Back to Top