Hours adjusted, clinic safety measures, virtual visits added, limits on visitors, clinics consolidate
To keep our patients and staff as safe as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak, PacMed has made a number of changes to our normal clinic operations.
- All open clinics are operating from 8 AM-5 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Saturday hours vary by clinic and by week; please check individual clinic pages.
To protect both patients and staff from coronavirus, we’ve implemented a number of safety measures in our clinics:
- eCheck-in. Reduce time and exposure at the front desk by checking in through MyChart, up to four days in advance.
- Masking is required, for patients and staff. . Please bring your mask from home, if you have one. If not, we can give you one.
- Screening. We’ll ask you and all visitors about symptoms and take your temperature at the door. If you’re suspected of having COVID-19, we will have instructions to help keep you and others safe.
- Cashless payments. We’ve stopped taking cash or checks for copays in clinic. You can still pay with your credit/debit card, or we’ll bill you to pay later through MyChart, phone or mailing your check. Learn more.
- Avoiding overcrowding. We’re spacing out schedules to avoid our clinics from getting busy with too many people at one time.
- Cleaning. We’re regularly wiping down surfaces and commonly touched items.
- Social distancing. We’re adding floor stickers and signage to help you keep the recommended 6 feet of distance from others while you’re in the clinic.
New: Virtual Visits!
When COVID-19 struck our area, we introduced the ability to see a provider safely from home, using the Zoom platform.
Now that we are reopening in-person visits for most needs, we will continue to offer virtual visits when your visit type allows, for those who prefer that safety and convenience.
For those you might bring with you who do not have an appointment, we have temporarily modified our visitor policy.
- We are encouraging no visitors, unless necessary. If necessary, one visitor will be allowed.
- Parents may accompany children to their appointments. Please do not bring siblings.
- If you have a disability, or need assistance getting to your appointment or understanding the doctor, you may bring one visitor.
- If your visitor has symptoms, we will ask them to wait outside (if safe) or for you to reschedule.
Any visitors who do not meet the criteria above will be asked to wait outside or in the car (if safe). Only necessary, essential caregivers/family should accompany patients in the clinic.
When the COVID-19 outbreak began, we temporarily consolidated some clinics to ensure we had adequate coverage of all essential medical staff to meet demand. These changes were temporary and planned to be reevaluated as the situation with COVID-19 evolves.
With caseloads leveling and restrictions lifting, we are happy to announce we can expand back to our original footprint. Thank you for your understanding and partnership in meeting the challenge of coronavirus together as a community.
- PacMed Federal Way reopening date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
- PacMed Lynnwood reopening: Monday, June 1, 2020
Read more about our COVID-19 response on our coronavirus webpage.