The Doctors of Optometry at Pacific Medical Centers are the primary health care professionals for our patients’ eyes. They treat adults and children, and are responsible for eye examinations; diagnosis and management of eye disease; refractions for glasses and contact lenses; and the evaluation, treatment, and triage of eye-related emergencies. Our Doctors of Optometry work closely with our Ophthalmologists in the management of eye disease and in the preoperative and postoperative care of patients.
Here’s what our PacMed optometrists provide:
- Diagnostic services and management of a variety of vision conditions, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia; diagnostic services and treatment for conditions that include minor infections, such as conjunctivitis and minor eye injuries; as well as triage of urgent problems
- Treatment and management of ocular disease, including diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, retinal disorders, and lid disorders
- Pre- and postsurgical care for glaucoma, cataract, laser, refractive, and other eye procedures
- Exams and prescriptions for eyeglasses and corrective contact lenses
- Prescription of medication for diagnostic purposes and for treatment of some eye diseases
- Diagnosis of the ocular manifestations of other diseases such as diabetes and hypertension