OUR WELLNESS CENTER FOR WOMEN
Compassion, Comfort and Care—for you.
Our Diagnostic & Wellness Center for Women is designed by women, for women. Here, you can expect responsive, compassionate care, plus relaxing indulgences and delightful little extras like heated gowns, tranquil waiting rooms and a stylish atmosphere.
Self-Care and Healthcare Go Hand-in-Hand.
Devote a day to your health and well-being—and schedule more than one service at a time! We offer convenient scheduling and easy-access parking.
Prevention and early detection save lives. Our breast screenings are performed by highly trained technologists and interpreted by board-certified radiologists. Talk with your primary care doctor about getting a baseline mammogram and how frequently you need a screening mammogram.
Most medical insurance covers the cost of annual screening mammograms. Be sure to talk with your insurance company about coverage for screening vs. diagnostic imaging.
- Digital Mammography (2D Mammography). The standard for screening mammography. It uses digital X-ray with static imaging and computer-aided detection.
- Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography). The latest technology in 3D imaging. During this exam, multiple images are taken. Three-dimensional reconstruction allows the radiologist to see through the layers of breast tissue. This exam is recommended for women with dense breasts.
- Diagnostic Breast Ultrasound. Ultrasound imaging using high-frequency sound waves in target areas of the breast that need closer evaluation. This ultrasound helps the radiologist look at abnormalities spotted in an earlier mammogram or felt by the doctor.
- Breast MRI. May be recommended for diagnostic imaging for women with dense breast tissue or at high risk.
- Breast Biopsy. May be recommended by the radiologist or your doctor. These minimally invasive, non-surgical biopsy methods decrease recovery time and scarring, compared to surgical excision biopsy. The two primary methods of biopsies are:
- Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy. Performed by our board-certified radiologists, with local anesthesia. The patient lies on an ultrasound table. An ultrasound probe is placed over the breast to assist the radiologist in guiding the biopsy needle.
- Stereotactic Biopsy. Performed by our board-certified radiologists, with local anesthesia. The patient lies on a dedicated biopsy table. Digital mammography helps the radiologist determine the exact biopsy site. Tissue samples are then extracted using a vacuum-assisted biopsy device.
- DXA Bone Density Scan. A safe and painless scan that checks the health of your bones. With the patient laying flat on a table, the scan uses dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry to produce pictures of the bones.
Take Time to Take Care of Yourself.
Our Diagnostic Wellness Center for Women also offers therapeutic massage. We feature a variety of techniques, including post-surgical massage (often covered by health plans).
Talk to Us Today.
BREAST IMAGING APPOINTMENT LINE
DXA BONE DENSITY APPOINTMENT LINE
Monday – Thursday: 7:30am to 5:30pm
Friday: 7:30am to 5:00pm
The PacMed garage is located on the east side of our campus. Enter from 14th Ave S, just south of the big, orange Pacific Tower building. See map on our Beacon Hill clinic’s page. (The garage on 12th Ave S is pay parking.)
WHAT TO BRING
Bring the following items to make the most of your time with the doctor:
- ID and insurance cards
- Your co-pay
- Any X-rays and labs from outside the PacMed/Swedish/Providence network
- A list of your questions and symptoms.
Please plan to arrive 20 minutes early to park and check in. Read more details on how to prepare for your visit.
CHECK YOUR COVERAGE
To avoid financial surprises, we recommend calling your insurance before your visit to check your coverage for:
- Pacific Medical Centers
- The provider you’re seeing
- The services or procedures you are coming in for.
It’s good to ask your insurance whether our clinic and provider are in network and what your financial responsibility might be.
If you or a family member are active or retired military, you may be eligible for the Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (USFHP).
USFHP is TRICARE prime option offering top-quality civilian medical care. USFHP is sponsored by the Department of Defense and has been administered in our region by PacMed for over 30 years.
Call 800.585.5883 to learn more or enroll in the US Family Health Plan (USFHP).
Seattle, WA 98144
“I told them about the feel of PacMed’s Diagnostic & Wellness Center for Women. It’s all about women, it’s feminine, it’s relaxing. It’s about life and taking care of yourself, and feeling good about yourself. I tell women to just do it—and many of them do. I describe the new digital machines, the quality services, and how everything went fast and it didn’t hurt.” And the Diagnostic & Wellness Center for Women is where I recommend that they go.”
“My visit to the Diagnostic and Wellness Center for Women was excellent!”
“Thank you Sydney for your genuine “one-on-one” approach without foregoing professionalism.”
“I would like to thank Linda, who conducted my mammogram. I saw her last time too, and both times she has been communicative and compassionate. I felt at ease the whole time, and very well cared for. Thanks!”