For those crumbly goats
Tip—prep squash and pecans a day ahead.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 2 tbsp. crumbly goat cheese
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400. Toss squash in 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, loosely tear greens into a serving bowl, along with cranberries, pecans, goat cheese, and roasted squash. Toss with vinegar and 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil—or save undressed and serve the next day.
See other recipes at www.PacMed.org/Recipes.