Pacific Medical Centers is committed to making it simple for our valued patients to receive the care they need by offering a full range of primary and specialty services and accepting most major insurance plans.
We accept the following health insurance plans. If you are calling for a Behavioral Health appointment, please check with your insurance carrier for benefits and a listing of their participating network providers. Always check your coverage with your insurance carrier if you have questions.
2019 Exchange Plans
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of WA (specialty only with authorization)
- Molina Marketplace - Exchange
- Premera Lifewise Plans
2019 Medicare Advantage at PacMed
- Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO & HMO
- AARP Medicare Complete insured through UnitedHealthcare®
- Community HealthFirst MA Plan (King County Only) - In-Network for DERMATOLOGY ONLY
- Humana Health Plan, Inc. - Contracted Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan for King and Pierce Counties
- Humana Insurance Company (not available in Pierce county)
- Kaiser Medicare Advantage (specialty only with authorization)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Providence Health Assurance
- Regence BlueShield (excludes Regence BlueAdvantage HMO)
- United Healthcare - Contracted Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan for King, Snohomish, and Pierce Counties
All Other 2019 Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna - all commercial plans including Aetna Whole Health
- Cigna/Cigna FlexCare/Great West- all commercial plans
- EverMed Direct Primary Care
- First Choice Health Network
- Humana – commercial plans & Humana Medicare Advantage (Humana Gold Plus, Humana Prime Choice and Humana Gold Choice).
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan – Options PPO and Access PPO
- Molina Managed Care Medicaid – accepting all Molina Managed Apple Health/Medicaid plans. PacMed is not currently accepting Molina Medicare. If you have Molina or other Medicaid eligibility related questions, please call 206.621.4049.
- Molina Marketplace
- Multiplan/Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Premera Blue Cross, Commercial, Medicare Advantage, Lifewise
- Regence Blue Shield, Regence Uniform Medical Plan, Regence Select Network, Regence Selections, Regence Medicare Advantage Plan, Regence Master Builders Vision PPO,
- United Healthcare Core, United Healthcare Choice Plus, United Healthcare Navigate, United Healthcare Medicare Solutions, United Healthcare Medicare Complete, United Healthcare Dual Complete
- US Family Health Plan (USFHP)
Do you need insurance coverage?
If you need help finding insurance coverage for yourself or loved ones, please visit Washington Healthplanfinder.
Questions? Please call 206.621.4049.
Are you an external provider group of facility looking to refer your patient to PacMed?
Please fax in your request and all applicable chart notes to our centralized referral team at 206-505-1445.
Tips for saving time and getting the most from your medical insurance
We’ve put together some helpful tips to save you time and help you get the most out of your medical insurance. As with everything, good communication is the key to working well with insurance companies. Because policies vary, it’s important to contact your insurance company directly to confirm how your plan will pay charges for services and to keep records of the conversations.
Prior to calling your insurance company, ask your provider:
- Is this a routine exam (i.e. an annual exam or physical)?
When you call your insurance company, have a set of questions ready to ask. Some suggestions are:
- Do I have benefit coverage for (insert service name)?
- Is a referral or preauthorization necessary to have this service?
- If yes, your primary care provider must initiate the referral or preauthorization.
- Do I have a deductible?
- Following my deductible, how much will I owe?
- How much am I responsible for paying following the insurance coverage?
To maximize your health insurance benefits, please contact your insurance company's Customer Service department for policy and benefit verification. The Customer Service phone number should be located on the back of your health insurance ID card.
Please check with your insurance carrier for information on required referrals and authorizations and co-payments.
Please bring your insurance card to every appointment.
Questions about the Affordable Healthcare Act? You can find more information here.
If you are unable to pay your full statement balance, please contact the Pacific Medical Centers Patient Accounts department at 206.621.4392 to discuss payment options.