Ever-Changing Healthy Snack Mix
This throw-together snack mix combines salty and sweet flavors for a satisfying munch. And because it contains whole grains, fiber, protein and unsaturated fat, it provides an energy boost with hunger relief that lasts. Keep the recipe fresh by using different nuts or low-sugar cereals, but realize that the nutritional value will change.
Serves:20 - 1/2 cup portions
- 4 cups dry-roasted almonds (no salt), sliced (Diced cocoa-dusted almonds are a delicious substitute)
- 2 cups Fiber One Original cereal or another similar cereal
- 2 cups yogurt-covered raisins*
- 2 cups Special K Red Berries cereal or another cereal
In a large bowl, stir together ingredients.
Measure portions into sandwich bags for grab-and-go snacks, or store in a sealed container.
Nuts last longer when kept in the dark or the refrigerator.
* If you are concerned about your sugar intake, you can reduce the amount of yogurt-covered raisins to 1 cup (bringing one serving’s sugar value to 8.3 g). Other nutritional values and recipe yield will also change.