Taco Tuesday—Mason Jar Style
I enjoy recipes that are flexible with ingredients you already have in your kitchen—and most of these ready-to-go mason jar salads are no exception.
Tips: Use a wide-mouth, 16-ounce mason jar (or other tall glass or plastic container with tight lid).
- Put the dressing in first, to avoid a soggy salad.
- Pile in individual ingredients, in the order listed—hardy vegetables or proteins on the bottom, delicate leaves and seeds on top.
- You can store the salad for 1-2 days.
- When ready to eat, shake and tumble jar until contents are mixed, and enjoy! Eat it straight from the jar (great for a picnic!) or pour into a bowl.
Prep Time:20 minutes
2 Tablespoons ranch dressing (I like Annie’s Cowboy Ranch)
- ¼ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup corn kernels, thawed from frozen
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper or 1 chopped tomato
- ¼ avocado, chopped
- 1 cup mixed greens or chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
In 16-ounce mason jar, layer ingredients in the following order: dressing, black beans, corn, pepper, avocado, lettuce, and cheese. Screw on lid and refrigerate.
When ready to eat, shake jar until contents are mixed and enjoy.