Pacific Medical Centers is committed to making it simple for our valued patients to receive the care they need by offering a full range of primary and specialty services and accepting most major insurance plans.
We accept the following health insurance plans. If you are calling for a Behavioral Health appointment, please check with your insurance carrier for benefits and a listing of their participating network providers. Always check your coverage with your insurance carrier if you have questions.
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of WA (specialty only with authorization)
- Molina Marketplace - Exchange
- Premera Lifewise Plans
2020 Medicare Plans accepted:
- Traditional Medicare (Part B)
- Medicare Prescription Drug coverage (Part D) – at Maxor pharmacies located in PacMed clinics
Note: Medicare Part A coverage is hospital insurance; PacMed does not have a hospital so this coverage does not apply. Please check with our affiliated hospital in your area about their Medicare Part A policy in case of hospital admissions.
Medicare Supplemental (“Medigap”) plans can also be used to pay for care at PacMed; these plans pay secondary to Medicare and may cover an additional percentage of Medicare Part B-eligible services.
2020 Medicare Advantage Plans accepted (Part C):
- Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO and HMO
- AARP Medicare Advantage through UnitedHealthcare®
- Humana HMO and PPO
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington (prior authorization is required)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Providence Health Plan / Providence Health Assurance
- Regence BlueShield HMO and PPO
*Plans may vary by clinic. Please contact Connexion Insurance Solutions at 1-877-315-3279 to find a plan that meets your needs.
This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1.800.MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1.877.486.2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.
All Other Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna - all commercial plans including Aetna Whole Health
- Cigna/Cigna FlexCare/Great West- all commercial plans
- EverMed Direct Primary Care
- First Choice Health Network
- Humana – HMO and PPO
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan – Options PPO and Access PPO
- Molina Managed Care Medicaid – accepting all Molina Managed Apple Health/Medicaid plans. PacMed is not currently accepting Molina Medicare. If you have Molina or other Medicaid eligibility related questions, please call 206.621.4049.
Note: Our doctors at the Puyallup clinic are currently unable to see new Medicaid patients. This includes Molina Medicaid plans. Please contact your insurance provider for a list of local doctors you can see, or visit the Provider Search page for Molina.
- Molina Marketplace
- Multiplan/Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Premera Blue Cross, Commercial, Medicare Advantage, Lifewise
- Regence Blue Shield, Regence Uniform Medical Plan, Regence Select Network, Regence Selections, Regence Medicare Advantage Plan, Regence Master Builders Vision PPO
- United Healthcare Core, United Healthcare Choice Plus, United Healthcare Navigate, United Healthcare Medicare Solutions, United Healthcare Medicare Complete, United Healthcare Dual Complete
- US Family Health Plan (USFHP)
Do you need insurance coverage?
If you need help finding insurance coverage for yourself or loved ones, please visit Washington Healthplanfinder.
Questions? Please call 206.621.4049.
Are you an external provider group of facility looking to refer your patient to PacMed?
Please fax in your request and all applicable chart notes to our centralized referral team at 206-505-1445.
Tips for saving time and getting the most from your medical insurance
We’ve put together some helpful tips to save you time and help you get the most out of your medical insurance. As with everything, good communication is the key to working well with insurance companies. Because policies vary, it’s important to contact your insurance company directly to confirm how your plan will pay charges for services and to keep records of the conversations.
Prior to calling your insurance company, ask your provider:
- Is this a routine exam (i.e. an annual exam or physical)?
When you call your insurance company, have a set of questions ready to ask. Some suggestions are:
- Do I have benefit coverage for (insert service name)?
- Is a referral or preauthorization necessary to have this service?
- If yes, your primary care provider must initiate the referral or preauthorization.
- Do I have a deductible?
- Following my deductible, how much will I owe?
- How much am I responsible for paying following the insurance coverage?
To maximize your health insurance benefits, please contact your insurance company's Customer Service department for policy and benefit verification. The Customer Service phone number should be located on the back of your health insurance ID card.
Please check with your insurance carrier for information on required referrals and authorizations and co-payments.
Please bring your insurance card to every appointment.
Questions about the Affordable Healthcare Act? You can find more information here.
If you are unable to pay your full statement balance, please contact the Pacific Medical Centers Patient Accounts department at 206.621.4392 to discuss payment options.