Salmon Croquettes with Dill Sauce
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Combine to make sauce:
- 1 - 1/2 cups plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
For salmon croquettes:
- 4 cans (7.5 oz each) of salmon packed in water, drained, skin and bones removed
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- Black pepper, to taste
In a bowl, thoroughly combine salmon, celery, onion, eggs, salt and pepper. Divide in eight and form patties by hand, pressing together. Heat a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook patties. They are delicate, so turn just once—5 minutes per side. Enjoy with sauce.
Adapted from Soul Food Love: Healthy Recipes Inspired by 100 Years of Cooking in a Black Family.