This selection of recipes has been recommended by our dietitians, who want to help you make the best eating choices you can. We hope you will enjoy this resource and find some new favorites to add to your repertoire of meals and snacks. We will continue to add to this collection, so visit this page, www.PacMed.org/recipes, to explore new and wholesome ideas for you and your family.
If you have questions about nutrition or your health, we invite you to make an appointment with your doctor or a PacMed provider. To talk with a PacMed representative, call 1.888.4PACMED (888-472-2633).
More healthy resources for you and your family:
Our Latest Recipe
Click the image below for a downloadable pdf.
Eight No-Fuss Healthy Snacks
Convenience is one reason why kids and adults are more likely to reach for a bag of chips or a high-fat microwaveable snack. Try some of these healthier no-fuss alternatives instead to curb afternoon hunger pangs:
- Individual serving of fat-free yogurt or sugar-free pudding
- Microwaveable popcorn (a whole bag of 94 percent fat-free“butter-flavored” popcorn has less than 150 calories)
- Low-fat string cheese and a handful of cherry tomatoes
- Sliced apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter
- A dozen baby carrots with hummus dip
- Cup of homemade trail mix with whole grain cereal, raisins and dry-roasted peanuts or almonds, or a cup of cereal with non-fat milk
- Whole wheat tortilla wrap with low-fat cheese (microwave just long enough to melt cheese)