Pumpkin Sage Biscuits
A delicious and healthy twist on your regular biscuit.
Cook Time:25 min
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp cold unsalted butter + more for topping
- 3 Tbsp fresh sage, roughly chopped (or substitute1 tsp dry sage)
Preheat oven to 450˚ F.
Measure almond milk into bowl and add lemon juice. Let curdle 5 minutes, then whisk in pumpkin puree.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add cold butter to dry ingredients using a fork until only small pieces remain. Work quickly so the butter doesn’t get too warm. Stir in chopped sage.
Nutrition Information: Serving size = 1 biscuit Calories: 184 Fat: 6.2g Saturated Fat: 1.8g Carbohydrates: 27.5g Sugars: 1.3g Sodium: 254mg Fiber: 1.3g Protein: 3.8g
Recipe adapted from www.minimalistbaker.com